13. June 2016 02:37
Joanna Bush, state traffic signal systems engineer at the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), provided an informative presentation at the 2016 Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Traffic Engineering Workshop regarding recent updates to Wisconsin traffic laws. Some have received a lot of publicity over the last year, but there are others you may not be aware of. Updates include:
- Maximum speed limit on freeways and expressways
- Rules of the road when a traffic signal goes dark
- Clear definition of the terms “flashing yellow arrow,” “pavement marking,” and pedestrian traffic signal indications
- Right-turns on red from the left-most lane when two right-turn lanes are provided
- Right-of-way in roundabouts for large trucks
- Use of cell phones in construction zones
Check out Joanna’s presentation here.
Image courtesy of ITE Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Bureau of Traffic Operations.